Friday, January 14, 2011

Aunt Dot....

Aunt Dot died.

:*-(

Last summer, I tried to visit her when we were in Philadelpha, but she was traveling that weekend. So our paths didn't cross. I can't remember the last time I saw her. Maybe it was my wedding. So that's a long time.

You know what comes to mind? I had learned last year from Mommy, during our drive to Omega in June, that  we had a family "mystery" of sorts. That my great-grandmother (Aunt Dot's mother) had "disappeared" when Aunt Dot was just a child. No one ever knew where she went and no one ever found her. (I don't know how hard they looked---but one would think they would have tried hard to find her, no?)

This disturbed me to no end, that no one ever found her. That she just disappeared off the face of the earth. Did the police get involved? Was there ever a note? She never tried to contact any of her children again? I still can't get this out of my mind, to be honest. Did she start a new life? Did some tragedy befall her? Was there foul play?

And now that I've heard Aunt Dot has died, the first thing I think of is: NOW SHE KNOWS! Now she knows what happened to her mother!

RIP Aunt Dot. We'll miss you. Say hi to our Janice and our Leo and Aunt Kitty for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment